Friday, April 2, 2010

Chapter 1- First talks

Guy: Hi…
Gal ((as she draws her hand for a shake but he does not): Hi…
Guy: Why don’t you take a seat?
Gal: You know what… a hand shake says a lot about a person.
Guy: Really? Probably, why I do not like it. I would not want to… (pause)… huh… I mean I do not want anyone to make a guess about me.
Gal: Or you do not want anyone getting to know you?
(Guy chuckles)
Gal (with a grin): Ok… You should be asking me this but I am asking you… So would you like something to drink?
Guy: Hm… Yes… a Cold Coffee, and you?
Gal (calls a waiter, Asks for some special coffee): “(Spcl coffee name) and a cold coffee”
Guy: How does that one taste?
Gal: No idea… Will get to know very soon.
Guy: Huh. You never had it before… Wow… I mean I always go for a cold coffee… Never try anything else
Girl: Hmmph… You should… You should… I mean why would you want to be so consistent… so rigid… Be like the dew… always fresh and new…
(Guy nods)
Girl: So what brought you here…
Guy: It’s funny you know… Last week… I was here… You were singing in the podium… I know we shared a look… I did not think you would remember me… and you would have coffee with me…
Girl: Yeah… I like to surprise people… You know… They never see me coming… And then they slip… they fall…
Guy: Wow… Now I can’t say that you hype yourself a little… Geez… It happened to me for sure…
Girl: No really, you know… Once there was this young guy… Staring at me… Not taking his eyes of me… I would steal a stare or so… His GF came in, in a while… That was it… I went to his table and was like “Hye, C’mon all the while you were staring at me and now that I am here, what are you gonna do? C’mon tell me… Should we have a Coffee? Who is this girl, your GF? Huh.., You sure you want it now?”
Guy (laughs): You… (Laughs)… just… (Laughs)… poor guy… I mean (laughs)… You carry on... I don’t know what to say… (Laughs)…
Gal: Wow… So you do laugh.. I thought you would be very sitff… very tight…
Guy: No… Ok, Sometimes…

No comments:

Post a Comment