Friday, April 2, 2010

Seeker - The Movie

Introduction:

To be honest, in college I used to think how it would be to make a movie capturing only conversations betwen 2 people and it looks like there are many who beat me to it. There are 2 movies which I would certainly like to highlight here and that is Richard Linklater's "Before Sunrise" and "Before Sunset".

I have always had some rage within me... and I still remember the thought or feeling that I used to have during my college days that my future life need not be just some random job (which it is now), coming home, watching TV, eat, procreate, sleep and one fine day, die. I always wanted to do something more... SOMETHING.

Well, so now as I sit back and slowly prepare myself... working with numbers like age, money and life's necessities, all those thoughts keep coming back to me. But for the last 2-3 years, there has been a feeling of emptiness and anxiousness and of course, the ultimate fear of just living through days rather than living life. There has been a lot of internal battles fought before I found my current peace. Not sure if these are any steps that I am taking towards attaining some of my dreams, but yes sure I know now I am more focused than ever, more patient than ever... and as always in my all inclusive way... of having it all... Living here as just another common man and Living here as my own man, my hero.

The movie that you are about to read is a certain manifestation of those internal battles fought, in a dimension of a fable and of course, with an undercurrent of Love. How can I ever be away from Love? How can I ever undermine it's importance? I mean of all the things out there, it is love which can be so commonly pointed out to that 1 attribute which might be connected to the 21 grams that we loose when we die!

No comments:

Post a Comment