Friday, April 2, 2010

Chapter 2: Can we go for a walk, stanger?

(The waiter brings the order… Both take a sip… Guy signals the gal enquiring about the taste…)

Gal (signalling with her hand, palms open facing down and moving it diagonally): One new thing I tried and understood not for me…

(Guy with a very light grin, as if preoccupied with a thought… actually thinking about what she said)

Gal: So you know what… really… I like to talk… with anyone… at times a few words from a stranger can touch you more than a conversation with a friend…
Guy: I don’t know… I don’t have any friends…
Gal: Yeah so you now have a stranger…

(Both share a small look of understanding at each other)

Gal: So as I was saying… Once when I was on my mobile with one of my friend… He was speaking about something which was sad… He losing his job, mom’s sickness… and probably, all this must have reflected in my face… So here I am, all engrossed in my talk, and suddenly a voice “Don’t worry, this too shall pass”… For a moment.. I turned back to see who he was… But he had already walked by and I could not see him… But those words were like magic… I repeated the same to my friend… It kind off worked for him as well… you see... so really… I am so grateful to that stranger…
Guy: hmmm…
Gal: I always remember those words… And that is why… After that… I openly talk to a stranger… you know… You understand what I am telling you, right?
Guy: Actually yes, very true… In this daily struggle and race… We forget that all others are just like us… aiming, working for a happier tomorrow… if we can add some thing to it… if we can help in some way… I don’t know… You yourself will feel a little lighter… a little happier… if that is the case…
Gal: I know… I feel a little lighter… a little happier…

(Both share a small look of understanding at each other again, the waiter comes and gives the bill. Guy pays the bill.)

Guy: Can we go for a walk, stranger?
Gal: Sure…
Guy: Funny, you know what, we don’t even know our names… never asked
Gal (smiles): World of friendly strangers… It’s not important… (Laughs)
Guy: You know what? Let’s do the reverse… We will ask our names when we are leaving… instead of a goodbye… What say?
Gal: Deal…

(Waiter comes back with the change, guy keeps the tip and borh walk off)

[OUTDOOR: Both stepping out of the café… The guy on the right side of the screen]

Guy: Now what? Frankly, I have no idea… This is the first time I am doing some thing like this.
Gal: Can make out that. (Smiles)

(Both take 3 steps with no word. Gal looks straight ahead with the slightest of grin. Guy looks outwards, to his left, pondering, as if thinking what to say)

No comments:

Post a Comment